A week of academic writing workshops will be offered virtually to graduate students from Monday October 8 to Friday October 15. Vernetta K. Williams, Ph.D., founder of Cultivate the Writer, will lead discussions on topics necessary for graduate students to succeed as writers and contributors in their respective fields. The workshops include the following virtual sessions:
- Monday, October 11 – Meeting professors’ expectations for research-based writing (5-6:30 p.m. CT)
- Tuesday October 12 – Writing Productivity (5 p.m.-6.30 p.m. CT)
- Wednesday October 13 – Literature review (5 p.m.-6.30 p.m. CT)
- Thursday October 14 – Elements of Sound Academic Argument (5-6:30 p.m. CT)
- Friday, October 15 – The Art of Revision (Noon to 1:30 p.m. CT)
These sessions expand the offerings available to current U of A graduate students through our new membership to the online Cultivate Writer platform.
Cultivate the writer is designed to transform academics into competent writers through academic writing boot camps, editing services, coaching sessions, and personalized writing services.