Coachella Valley Art Center to host VETERANS CREATION WORKSHOPS
INDIO – VETERANS CREATE workshops are free opportunities offered to military veterans living in the Coachella Valley.
These workshops were designed to provide veterans with opportunities to use their unique individual creative talents. VETERANS CREATE is not meant to be art therapy, even if creating can be personally therapeutic. VETERANS CREATE offers the possibility of creating in four creative disciplines: painting, engraving (monoprints), molten glass and glass blowing.
The Coachella Valley Art Center works on the premise that using your creativity can benefit your life.
Veterans attending the workshops will be introduced to the fundamentals of each discipline. The majority of the time will be devoted to practice and interpretation by creating works.
Participants will be encouraged to create works using individual imagination and personal experience as a source of inspiration.
The VETERANS CREATE workshop program was funded by a donation from a generous person.
All supplies will be provided for each workshop. Details of the individual workshop will be communicated after an individual has registered. The workshops and instructors are:
- PAINTING – Nov 1-4, 2021 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Instructor Kim Manfredi
- PRINTMAKING (Monoprints) – December 6-9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., instructor Wendy Kahle
- FUSED GLASS – From November 3 to 4 and the following Wednesdays / Thursdays, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Instructor Joyce Rooks
- GLASS BLOWING – Begins January 2022. Details to come.
- PAINTING and PRINTMAKING will require a maximum of 12 participants.
- FUSED GLASS will require a maximum of 8 participants.
NOTE: VETERANS CREATE workshops will be offered on a first come, first served basis. However, disabled veterans will be given priority.
You can register at www.coachellavalleyartcenter.org or [email protected]
- Veterans Creation Workshop: Coachella Valley Art Center