ACC Baseball Release: https://bit.ly/3vAH9lL
2022 ACC Baseball Guide: https://bit.ly/3IANmlc
2022 ACC Baseball Championship Tickets
May 11, 2022
• With the ACC baseball season in the final two weeks of the 2022 regular season, Miami (17-7 in the league) holds a two-game lead over Virginia Tech (14-8) in the coastal race, while Louisville (15-8-1) leads Notre Dame (14-8) by a game and a half in the Atlantic Division.
• The next two conference series weekends will determine seedings and pairings for the 2022 ACC Baseball Championship, which runs May 24-29 at Truist Field in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Atlantic and Coastal Division champions will earn the top two seeds of the tournament. Miami and Louisville have already clinched berths in the 12-team tournament, but the division winners and top seeds are up for grabs. Tickets for the tournament can be purchased through CharlotteKnights.com or by calling the Knights box office at 704-274-8282.
• In addition to conference play over the next two weekends, ACC teams still have non-conference midweek games as they look to improve the resumption of NCAA tournaments. Fifteen non-league games were scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, 11 of which will be hosted by ACC teams. The ACC holds a 241-68 (.770) record against non-conference opponents this season, including a 188-29 mark in home games.
• Virginia Tech, unranked at the start of the 2022 season, continues to be the ACC’s top-ranked team in four of the six major national polls, including a Perfect Game No. 3 national ranking. Four ACC teams are ranked in the top 10 this week in the national USA Today Coaches and Baseball America polls, and at least five ACC teams are ranked in the top 20 in the nation by every major publication.
• Duke senior outfielder RJ Schreck has been named one of 10 finalists for the 2022 Senior CLASS award. To be eligible for the award, a student-athlete must be classified as a senior student or Division I graduate of the NCAA and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, class, character and competition. Schreck currently has a .324 batting average, .414 on-base percentage and .556 slugging percentage with eight home runs and 28 RBIs. Off the court, Schreck majors in computer science and is working toward minors in economics and cultural anthropology.
• Former Louisville Reid Detmers became the first pitcher to throw a solo no-hitter in the major leagues this season as the Los Angeles Angels shut out the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night. The 2019 ACC pitcher of the year accomplished the feat in his 11th career MLB start. Months shy of his 23rd birthday, Detmers is the youngest pitcher in franchise history to throw a no-hitter, and the youngest pitcher in MLB to do so since 2006.
The ACC in numbers
3 — Three ACC teams rank in the top five nationally for most tournament appearances all-time: No. 2 Florida State (58), No. 3 Miami (47) and No. ° 5 Clemson (44).
8 – The eight ACC teams in the 2021 NCAA Baseball Championship field were second in all conferences. This is the fifth time since 2010 that the ACC has placed eight or more teams in the NCAA Tournament.
11- All 11 ACC pitchers named to the 2022 NCBWA Stopper of the Year preseason watch list led all conferences.
15 – At least one ACC team has reached the College World Series in Omaha in the last 15 years the event has been held, and multiple ACC teams have reached the CWS 10 times during that span .
15 – Last year marked the 15th time overall the ACC has sent more than one team to the CWS, with all multi-team appearances having been since 1994.
28 – The ACC has placed a total of 28 teams in the past 15 College World Series, an average of just under two per season.
90 – Ninety ACC teams have won offers from the NCAA in the past 12 tournament years.
98 – The ACC’s current 14 teams have a combined 98 College World Series appearances.
58,516 – Total attendance for last year’s ACC Baseball Championship at Truist Field in Charlotte, North Carolina, which ranks fifth in the event’s 47-year history. Two games – NC State against North Carolina on May 28 and Duke against NC State in the title game on May 30 – drew more than 7,100 fans.